Monday, November 22, 2010

JEROME ARIZONA

     I have a couple posts today to catch up with Carol's. I have my nocturne done on the streets of Jerome. I have loved the little town of Jerome ever since moving to Arizona in 1975. It had been an old mining town (Copper, silver, and gold I think). It is built on the side of a mountain so many of the houses (many are Victorian style) are on stilts and the streets are curved and going up or down hills. There were a lot of hippies living there back in the 60s and 70s and I think there still are some there. The town has that cozy welcoming feel to it. The night we did our paintings outside the tavern they call the spirit room (stories have it that there are spirits from the past walking around and sitting at the bar on occasion), there was an open mic, so we got to hear some very fine singers. Carol sold her painting when the girl that worked there walked out and said "that is my car". It was a cute little Volkswagen under a yellow light. We had run into a painting friend of mine Mark Hemleben the day before and he was painting with us that night. Mark wondered into Jerome with a few bucks in his pocket 15 years ago and has been there ever since.



1 comment: