Wednesday, December 15, 2010

DREAM LAKE

     I had to snow shoe a couple miles up to this spot twice to get this painting. The first time I got up there and started painting when a snow storm came up. I could barely see the mountain in the distance. The temperature really dropped and my paint was freezing. I put my tube of white inside my down vest pocket wrapped in a hand warmer. I finished the painting, but when I got it home I knew I had to go back and do another one on a sunny day, so I did.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful painting. I can't imagine working in the snow! This result shows it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, I absolutely love the two paintings I just received. Is this painting still available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and that is what I call dedicated. Love that light on the snow.

    ReplyDelete