Friday, June 8, 2012

TAMARISK TREE


    You can look up this tree's history if you want, another spelling is Tamarix. I think it goes back to biblical times, a very fast grower (considered an epidemic in some places).  It's one of the bushes down in the riverbed and this one is about 175 yards from the spot I hit my golf balls from. Right now the county is thinking since we've had some wildfires lately, that when the monsoon hit in a few months, there will be more flooding than usual because of the added run off. They now have big tank looking backhoes digging all these Tamarisk up...for what reason I don't know. Someone said they are going to re-route the river. I've seen the floods hit here and they just sweep these trees right up and carry them away; along with a few small culvert bridges and a few RV trailers that are parked too close to the river. It will be interesting to see what happens when the flood hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment